Author Topic: Towel Day 2009  (Read 6413 times)

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Towel Day 2009
« on: May 26, 2009, 12:09:56 AM »
Hello Hitchhikers,

We spent Towel Day 2009 in the Rocky Mountains.  Here are a couple of our photos, starting just after midnight.  

We were looking for things that hang in the air in much the same way that bricks don't.

In the morning, we tried to replicate last year's Towel Day Surprise (photos formerly viewable at the Kojv site).  The surprise is approaching a total stranger and asking them to hold your towel while you take a picture.  They usually think you wanted the towel out of the way while you take a picture of someone or something else, and are surprised when you point the camera at them for the photo.  We do explain Towel Day afterwards, but the faces we get are lots of fun.

Unfortunately we did not run into many strangers due to our remote location this year, however we did catch this unsuspecting gentleman...

Happy Towel Day!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:56:14 AM by Kilman »
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

VogonGirl

Re: Towel Day 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 04:01:46 AM »
Happy Towel Day!

My Babelfish know where their towel is!
"In order to do something that you couldn't do before, you have to do something that you can't do." -Dr. Michael Bolin

Donna

• Administrator
  • Strag
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 01:39:19 AM »
We had thunderstorms :( so we didn't get out much but early in the morning.

I didn't see any towel carriers about town, but I caught this hoopy frood running around the house with my 42 towel...

Grate Oracle Lewot

• Global Moderator
  • Hooloovoo
    • The 19 & 1/42 Deaths of the Grate Oracle Lewot
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:30:15 AM »
I didn't go anywhere special, but there's a playground in my backyard.

A black towel for Father Kojv:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2676/dsc08853.jpg

My little sister:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4168/dsc08852.jpg

The gang:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9153/dsc08856.jpg

Me hitchhiking:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5229/dsc08861f.jpg

Using towels to combat a dimensional shift:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2207/dsc08857.jpg
". . . We realised we had been myopically shortsighted to think this thing was just an adding machine. . . . So we began to develop it as a super typewriter. With a long and increasingly incomprehensible feature list. Users of Microsoft Word will know what I'm talking about."

--Douglas Adams

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 02:11:44 AM »
I noticed a few other black towels, some with 42 on them, in other towel day pictures this year, but I hadn't heard about that as a memorial for Father Kojv until I read your forum.  I like the idea.  I had a blue towel like your sister.  And we have a black dog similar to yours.  The dog was in our 2006 Towel Day picture (I will repost old pictures shortly - they were all once visable at kojv's site).

Incidentally, pictures posted at kojv in 2004 & 2005 (before he ran into server space issues and moved to linking pictures there) can still be seen via the Wayback Machine on the internet.
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Grate Oracle Lewot

• Global Moderator
  • Hooloovoo
    • The 19 & 1/42 Deaths of the Grate Oracle Lewot
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 02:22:57 AM »
The blue towel is actually my normal one. My sister gave me the orange one for a birthday. She doesn't have a usual one yet.
". . . We realised we had been myopically shortsighted to think this thing was just an adding machine. . . . So we began to develop it as a super typewriter. With a long and increasingly incomprehensible feature list. Users of Microsoft Word will know what I'm talking about."

--Douglas Adams

VogonGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:56:57 PM »
And here I am with my Babelfish :D

Sadly two of them died this week :'(
"In order to do something that you couldn't do before, you have to do something that you can't do." -Dr. Michael Bolin

Donna

• Administrator
  • Strag
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 02:17:22 AM »
Sorry to hear about the fish!

My best fish experience was a goldfish I won at a carnival.  Wasn't planning on winning anything, was just waiting for the rest of my group to finish on one of the rides.  The goldfish lived for 6 years.  It lived in a tank with some larger fish we had, so instead of goldfish food he would eat other live feeder fish.  He grew larger than the average goldfish, needless to say.  RIP Schizo.