DNA, the Universe & Everything Else > The Hoopy Frood (Douglas Noel Adams)

Interesting DNA interview on Youtube

(1/2) > >>

Salty_Jon42:
Hey fellow kojv'ers and anyone else who has managed to find this website, I don't know if you've seen it or heard about it, but there is an interesting interview of the man himself on Youtube, about an hour and a half long.  It was a lot of fun to watch...he was a good speaker along with everything else.  So in case you haven't found it, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZG8HBuDjgc

Kilman:
Sounds interesting, I will definitely have to watch it, though at an hour and a half I will probably have to wait for some extended free time.

Grate Oracle Lewot:
I thought Youtube had a ten minute limit. Also, the video doesn't seem to be buffering for me, but if it's that long, it could take a while.

Kilman:
It loads fine for me and shows it as 1 hour and 27 minutes long - but I still have to find a block of free time...

Grate Oracle Lewot:
The page loaded, so to speak, but the video didn't seem to be buffering. I was right, though, it was just taking too long for there to be any immediately noticeable results. So, yeah, I watched it.

He says a lot of the same stuff that he did in Last Chance to See and Salmon of Doubt, but it's not like that kind of stuff isn't worth hearing/reading twice (or many more times). It's a very fun and interesting video to watch. It's so strange how familiar his words seem to me--even the ones that aren't repeated in his books--when I've never actually met him. I mean, it's a simple enough phenomenon, but since he's gone . . . I remember seeing video footage of an extinct animal and thinking how, just, weird it is that I'm seeing something that no longer exists. And to have that feeling about someone I feel so familiar with but haven't met . . . Well, I'm rambling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version