Poll

Will you attend a Towel Day event/gathering in 2010? (it will be on a Tuesday)

-Yes, I would hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still make it to a worthwhile Towel Day event.
1 (16.7%)
-Yes, I am planning on hosting such an event, or already know of an event I plan to attend.
0 (0%)
-Maybe, I demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!
2 (33.3%)
-Maybe, if I can find one within reasonable hitchhiking range.
2 (33.3%)
-No, I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Towel Day 2010 event poll  (Read 7750 times)

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Towel Day 2010 event poll
« on: May 29, 2009, 07:57:17 PM »
Only one vote per user, however, you can change your vote should your plans change.
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Grate Oracle Lewot

• Global Moderator
  • Hooloovoo
    • The 19 & 1/42 Deaths of the Grate Oracle Lewot
Re: Towel Day 2010 event poll
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 10:32:11 PM »
Rigidly defined areas of doubt an uncertainty.

I'd love to go to more events of all kinds, but...

Well, I tried putting several different things after "but," and while all of them were accurate (I don't have enough money, I still live with my parents and they make me do things whenever I have free time, etc.), they're not really very good excuses. I'm an introvert, and I like it that way, but I've always thought that if by some miracle I survive college and the working world and get some kind of house and savings account, then I'd be able to do event-type things more often. I guess I feel like my parents expect me to be ready to do whatever bizarre physical labor they need done at a moment's notice, even though from their point of view I suspect it's more like they're giving me something to do when it looked like I wasn't doing anything. I love doing nothing, but people who don't love it are incapable of grasping the concept.

Suffice to say that if I live long enough to either become a normal person or become a true hitchhiker, then you'll see me around more often. For now I'm just kind of stuck in the bubble of safety and comfort, possibly due in part to my own efforts. Okay, more than possibly.
". . . We realised we had been myopically shortsighted to think this thing was just an adding machine. . . . So we began to develop it as a super typewriter. With a long and increasingly incomprehensible feature list. Users of Microsoft Word will know what I'm talking about."

--Douglas Adams

Salty_Jon42

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 06:03:36 AM »
I know exactly what you're talking about with the parents making you do things when you're perfectly happy not doing something.  Mine are the same way.  In fact, both of the excuses you listed could also apply to me.  Hopefully at some point in my live I'll end up somewhere a bit more interesting where I'll be able to communicate with other people in the know, at which point I'll surely have more of an incentive to become active in larger scale Towel Day activities.

Donna

• Administrator
  • Strag
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 02:13:23 AM »
I would love to go to an event if I can find one in my area!

VogonGirl

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »
I'm walking my dog Artamis to the park and doing strangers with towel today.
"In order to do something that you couldn't do before, you have to do something that you can't do." -Dr. Michael Bolin

Teatime

• Global Moderator
    • A Fortnight of Mustard
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 11:37:28 PM »
I put that I was dead.

But, I took my little kids and my zombie self to the park for the big Towel Day outdoor concert and Towel Day farmers market. However, we were the only ones who actually knew it was a Towel Day event, because we were the only hoopy froods in the crowd.  ;)
"And time began seriously to pass."
from D.G.H.D.A.

http://afortnightofmustard.blogspot.com/
http://catholiconceagain.blogspot.com/
Syzygy's just this book, you know?
http://www.facebook.com/Syzygy42

Donna

• Administrator
  • Strag
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 12:34:33 AM »
I was the only hoopy frood downtown (at least that I could see).  So instead I put "Happy Towel Day" on the in/out board at work & the number 42 next to my name.  Maybe I'll play hooky from work and cruise down to DC next year to see if there are any hitchhikers in that area.