DNA, the Universe & Everything Else > The Hitchhiker's Guide to DNA's Works

Infocom Game

(1/6) > >>

Kilman:
For those of you who never had the pleasure (or frustration, depending on your outlook) of playing the old Infocom Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy text game from the 1980s, it is now available online.  They've added a bit of graphics, but I don't think it changes the game play in anyway other than to add some illustration.  You still read the situation and type in your commands.  DNA worked on this, so it includes plenty of hilarity.  If you ask me, I think the old text games are more fun than the modern intense graphic games, but then I am partially fossilized.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game_nolan.shtml

Teatime:
Ooo, I'm salivating. Another thing to keep me from doing the things I'm supposed to be doing. I have the old Infocom version. I never got very far. I'm not sure I'm smart enough.  ???

VogonGirl:
I'm always stuck in the same place.

Teatime:
I have that trouble in real life too.  :P

Grate Oracle Lewot:
I will get further into this game at some point, but I always have terrible trouble with what is referred to as the "puzzle" genre of video games, and so something like this is sure to be quite beyond my mental capabilities. But I will try. I just need a chunk of time. Anybody have a spare time machine?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version