Author Topic: Dirk Gently BBC Radio  (Read 4675 times)

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Dirk Gently BBC Radio
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »
Did anyone catch either one of these (Holistic Detective Agency & Long Dark Teatime)?  I missed both and was wondering how well they adapted the books to radio.  Are they worth buying on CD?
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Grate Oracle Lewot

• Global Moderator
  • Hooloovoo
    • The 19 & 1/42 Deaths of the Grate Oracle Lewot
Re: Dirk Gently BBC Radio
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 03:37:08 PM »
I didn't quite know that this existed. That is, I knew there was a fan-made version which I haven't listened to much of yet, but if there's an official version, I've never heard of it.
". . . We realised we had been myopically shortsighted to think this thing was just an adding machine. . . . So we began to develop it as a super typewriter. With a long and increasingly incomprehensible feature list. Users of Microsoft Word will know what I'm talking about."

--Douglas Adams

Salty_Jon42

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 05:10:22 AM »
I heard parts of the first episode online, and from what I could tell the actors were well chosen and I got several laughs from the bits I heard.  Unfortunately I can't speak for either of the series as a whole, but knowing that they're based on a Douglas Adams work, I'd have to say they're most likely worth buying.

VogonGirl

• Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 03:53:37 AM »
I didn't see them.
"In order to do something that you couldn't do before, you have to do something that you can't do." -Dr. Michael Bolin