DNA, the Universe & Everything Else > Everything Else

Happy Holidays?

<< < (2/36) > >>

Kilman:
Happy New Year!

And on a towel related note...  Before the "do or die" football game tonight, the NY Jets gave out 75,000 towels to people attending the game.  Being a Jets fan, I took this as a good omen.  The Jets went on to win 37-0 and qualified for the playoffs!

Grate Oracle Lewot:
You guys know that 37 is the number that shows up in the books much more often than 42 does, right? Considering that it's 42-5, it seems somehow significant. But maybe it's just me.

Kilman:
Um...

Grate Oracle Lewot:
Sorry. I'm not much of a sports person, so it was the only thing that came to mind. It's true, though--for example, Marvin was thirty-seven times older than the universe when he died. That's the only one I can readily remember, but there are a whole lot of them throughout the books. I don't remember if it was also true of the radio show.

Kilman:
I didn't realize 37 appears more frequently in the books.  Maybe I read it somewhere and forgot.  Next time you mention it, I will have forgotten it again and be similarly confused.  So it was a double omen.  But I am still confused about the significance of -5 (other than it being the difference between 42 and 37).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version