Author Topic: Douglas Adams Live in Concert  (Read 11984 times)

Grate Oracle Lewot

• Global Moderator
  • Hooloovoo
    • The 19 & 1/42 Deaths of the Grate Oracle Lewot
Douglas Adams Live in Concert
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:11:23 AM »
Well, I really don't know anything about its origins, but I bought this CD with the same title as this topic. It's of DNA reading excerpts from the books. (I bought it a long time ago, but I was listening to it again yesterday.) Obviously, it's highly entertaining, and I think that these are the readings of Agrajag that they recycled in the new radio series, but since I haven't listened to the new radio series, I'm not sure.
". . . We realised we had been myopically shortsighted to think this thing was just an adding machine. . . . So we began to develop it as a super typewriter. With a long and increasingly incomprehensible feature list. Users of Microsoft Word will know what I'm talking about."

--Douglas Adams

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Re: Douglas Adams Live in Concert
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:29:04 PM »
I haven't heard any of the later radio series either.  Probably something I should get at some point, try to collect all the BBC radio stuff.  There has actually been a fair amount of BBC DNA output since his death (3 or 4 hitchhikers? I think, and 1 or 2 Dirk Gently?).  Reviews, from what I have seen, have been positive.  Still, even if the BBC series lacked punch, having DNA reading the part of Agrajag would be entertaining.

"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

dongkamonft

• Strag
Re: Douglas Adams Live in Concert
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 11:14:57 AM »

Read I'm getting a lot of knowledge. Text is really good to know.