DNA, the Universe & Everything Else > Creative Genius

Teatime's Syzygy

<< < (3/4) > >>

Kilman:
Teatime, good luck in the Three Two One Pitch contest!

Also, thanks for the tweet about the contest even though I didn’t enter it.  Bradford is not high on my list of agencies to contact.  That is not a criticism of the agency itself, just an observation that it would not be a good fit for me.  They don’t seem to represent anything along the lines of what I write (not to mention that they only seem to represent women).

Regarding Syzygy - My apologies for not commenting on it sooner.  Some time ago I did read a good portion of the online sample and concluded that I would be a poor choice for offering a review.  Urban fantasy is just not my cup of tea.  For that matter, fantasy in general hasn’t been my cup of tea since I was a teenager (the one exception was Little, Big which I read and enjoyed in my 20s).  Consider that I tried, but was unable to get into, the Wheel of Time, Harry Potter and A Game of Thrones and that should give you a good idea of what you were up against.

Teatime:
LOL Thanks, Kilman.
Gee, I didn't know anybody read my tweets. I should tweet more often.

Yeah, not every genre grabs every person. My friend's husband and I are critique partners on our works in progress but I'm not sure it's working. He's very hard science fiction (heavy on the science) and I'm fantasy (heavy on the character development). I feel we don't quite "get" what the other is trying to do. It's funny that one of my best crit partners writes mainstream romance. My current story doesn't even contain romance. But she understands what I'm going for and helps me get there.

Kilman:

--- Quote from: Teatime on June 10, 2012, 03:35:57 PM ---I feel we don't quite "get" what the other is trying to do.
--- End quote ---

Pretty much the story of all my critique partners and groups.  Probably the closest I have come to having a decent one was a woman who wrote children's stories.  I'm not sure what that says about my writing.

Teatime:

--- Quote from: Kilman on June 11, 2012, 12:03:55 AM --- Probably the closest I have come to having a decent one was a woman who wrote children's stories.  I'm not sure what that says about my writing.

--- End quote ---

LOL  :D

Kilman:
Syzygy has a new Book Trailer!

http://afortnightofmustard.blogspot.com/2012/06/book-trailer-and-e-book-coupon.html

It seems to me, having read part of the book, that the trailer has some spoilers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version