DNA, the Universe & Everything Else > Creative Genius

NaNoWriMo

<< < (2/5) > >>

Teatime:
I end up with too many ideas and not enough time to write them all. My problem is typically getting stuck mid-story and then the urge to scrap the story.

You could try one of those random plot generators they have online. Some of them are dumb, but they might give you ideas.

VogonGirl:
I think I might just try to finish my school short story project and call that my NaNo. ::)

--- Quote from: Teatime on November 05, 2011, 11:00:08 PM ---I end up with too many ideas and not enough time to write them all. My problem is typically getting stuck mid-story and then the urge to scrap the story.
--- End quote ---

I get that ALL the time.

Teatime:

--- Quote from: VogonGirl on November 06, 2011, 01:18:00 AM ---I think I might just try to finish my school short story project and call that my NaNo. ::)

--- End quote ---

That'll work!
 :D

Grate Oracle Lewot:
I have ideas, but I never make it to mid-story. I get stuck before I even start writing. Not only do I get hung up on details that don't matter, but the details that don't matter are the entirety of the idea. I still tend to like all my ideas, though, and I keep trying to retool them every few years. It usually doesn't work.

It seems like if I actually finish something, it's a random idea that I have, that I don't really even like, but somehow I start writing immediately and just finish the whole thing, and then it turns out to be better than the ideas that I like. And also finished. But I never know when those will come around.

Teatime:
Lewot, you might like the podcast Writing Excuses. http://www.writingexcuses.com/ 
Since Falling Whale told me about it, I've been listening to all of the old episodes and I'm hooked. It's helped me solve lots of little and big problems. And a lot of the episodes are funny too. They're only about 15 minutes long each.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version