DNA, the Universe & Everything Else > The Hitchhiker's Guide to DNA's Works

Related books

<< < (2/2)

Kilman:
Here is a list of all the Adams bios or related books that I am aware of:

--Don't Panic: Douglas Adams & The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Neil Gaiman

--Wish You Were Here: The Official Biography of Douglas Adams by Nick Webb

--Hitchhiker: A Biography of Douglas Adams by M. J. Simpson

--Life, the Universe and Douglas Adams (Documentary Video)

--42: Douglas Adams' Amazingly Accurate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything by Peter Gill

--Philosophy and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy edited by Nicholas Joll

--The Frood: A Guide to the Galaxy of Douglas Adams by Jem Roberts (forthcoming)

--More Philosophy and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - edited by Nicholas Joll (still in an underfunded idea stage)

Feel free to add to the list if I have left anything out.

Kilman:
It just occurred to me that someone should make a Hitchhiker's Guide to Towel Day sort of travel guide.  Something that would include:
-General Towel Day information
-Recurring Towel Day events around the world
-Travel guide to Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide, Dirk Gently, & Last Chance to See related locations
-Perhaps a glossary of terms
-A list of towel uses
-Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster bartending recipes
-and maybe a few really awful poems solicited from people like Neil Gaiman, Terry Jones and others to give it a little extra star power.
-And other things that haven't occurred to me yet, but will seem obvious once they are pointed out.

Naturally the whole thing would have to be done with a sense of humor.

APhilosopherInEssex:
There's also:

* HANLON, MICHAEL, The Science of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Basingstoke and New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2005);
* PAWLAK, ALEXANDER, Die Wissenschaft bei Douglas Adams [i.e. Science in Douglas Adams - German] (Weinheim: Wiley, 2010);
* YEFFETH, GLENN ed., The Anthology at the End of the Universe: Leading Science Fiction Authors on Douglas Adams’ Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Dallas: BenBella, 2005);
and an article or two, and a couple of academic (MA, PhD) theses, as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version