Author Topic: Towel Day 2013  (Read 7927 times)

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Towel Day 2013
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:30:26 AM »
Welcome, Hoopy Froods!

Less than 33 hours until Towel Day breaks across the International Date Line and spills out across the pacific.  Environmental experts warn that the cleanup could be very costly.  Others are concerned about the long term psychological effects on wildlife.

It took marine psychologists 42 days to convince this guy to let go of his towel after Towel Day 2011.

This will be the 13 Towel Day!  Link your Towel Day 2013 pictures here (time travelers can post them early).  If you are not sure how, see the Towel Day Picture FAQs thread.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:33:02 PM by Kilman »
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
Re: Towel Day 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
It's already Towel Day in New Zealand, Australia (parts of), Japan, Korea, and a bunch of other places which the Guide describes as "Mostly Islands"

:D
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 01:45:18 AM »
It is now Towel Day in all but the Americas.  Happy Towel Day to froods in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and little bits of land lost at sea.

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 06:40:35 AM »
Towel Day has reached the Rocky Mountains

HAPPY TOWEL DAY!!!
or Happy Towel Night, depending on how you look at it

just after midnight - more pics to come in the morning and after the party
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:35:33 AM by Kilman »

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 03:42:31 PM »
Here I am Towel Day morning after a nice hot shower, courtesy of the new water heater.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:34:34 AM by Kilman »

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 05:45:23 PM »
Ready for the day

After this, some are off to a wedding, and some of us are having a Towel Day party (pics of the party might come tonight if I have rehabilitated enough from the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters).

The stranger in this second pic is my daughter's college friend in town for the wedding.  We have converted her to the Towel Day tradition so well that she appears here in her bathrobe.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:34:07 AM by Kilman »

Grate Oracle Lewot

• Global Moderator
  • Hooloovoo
    • The 19 & 1/42 Deaths of the Grate Oracle Lewot
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 04:03:52 AM »
Sorry I'm late, but I've got my pictures posted on my blog now.

http://grateoraclelewot.wordpress.com/

In case you're unable or unwilling to click the link, here's a sample:

". . . We realised we had been myopically shortsighted to think this thing was just an adding machine. . . . So we began to develop it as a super typewriter. With a long and increasingly incomprehensible feature list. Users of Microsoft Word will know what I'm talking about."

--Douglas Adams

VogonGirl

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 05:54:15 PM »
My Towel Day...

It ended up that I was stuck in Littleton for longer than expected so Towel Day was spent with the meager hand towel that I brought with me.  It did come in handy several times though, as I used it to wipe my mouth when water was thrown at my face from the faucet, and I used it at meal time when the napkins were insufficient.

This bottle I made for my friends who are moving out of town.  They celebrate Towel Day too.  And in case you were wondering, the bottle says "so long and thanks for all the fish"

Oh, and now the games we played.  When I got back from my long stay in that hot place we played the scrabble game, where we pulled out scrabble pieces from a towel to find the ultimate question.  My uncle wanted to cheat by having me pull out a piece I know and then he'd take it, so that it would create a better structure of words than anyone else, but it didn't work as I was laughing too much and I couldn't pull out letters fast enough for the others not to notice.  Although I'm not sure they would have noticed anyway because they were acting like one would after having a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.  Anyway, everyone got pretty much nonsense, so here are the “ultimate questions” that everyone got.

Mine:
Erotl face xier tie otuils svehb uoier mzat rjiai rzgmta duket it ooaqe auacn laoc bgegie eyed

Kilman’s:
Ztolii ieuq poem mr gndts dee eo agv niy ctk we eikrli oh yeaf fac

My Uncle’s:
Lhos le mano obio pleense befuvy creats dneiir area dc ir tra aeg j

Marvin’s:
Csji guaes up troia iknl rod aaogn zd pqg cash leyt dvir ixe dei irpv eez ion bgs ltud ah ic

My cousin’s:
Rw toid eru a you txm tiet zoco fot

Kilman’s friend:
Evay misl noe nisltiod gwas ubanta by aeda xe xat leer ezihf gepju fotee coot hd cveajla nizhpt tey fu
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:08:08 PM by VogonGirl »
"In order to do something that you couldn't do before, you have to do something that you can't do." -Dr. Michael Bolin