DNA, the Universe & Everything Else > Creative Genius

Slides from a Towel Day Talk

<< < (2/2)

VogonGirl:
This looks like a welcome thread now, so welcome, Nicholas!

I was thinking, since Kilman had passed some joke that I didn't get having not read even a bit of your website yet, I would just pop in and say "Albatross."  However that could be taken as, "Get off our ship" if what comes to mind first is The Rime of the Ancient Mariner as oppossed to Monty Python.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and don't get off our ship because we're glad to have you aboard!

APhilosopherInEssex:

--- Quote from: VogonGirl on August 11, 2013, 04:00:47 AM ---This looks like a welcome thread now, so welcome, Nicholas!

I was thinking, since Kilman had passed some joke that I didn't get having not read even a bit of your website yet, I would just pop in and say "Albatross."  However that could be taken as, "Get off our ship" if what comes to mind first is The Rime of the Ancient Mariner as oppossed to Monty Python.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and don't get off our ship because we're glad to have you aboard!

--- End quote ---

Thank you!

I will have to look up the Python-istic sense of 'albatross'; that's gone over my head!

VogonGirl:

--- Quote from: APhilosopherInEssex on August 11, 2013, 08:04:27 PM ---Thank you!

I will have to look up the Python-istic sense of 'albatross'; that's gone over my head!

--- End quote ---

Basicaly it was a random comment "inspired by" John Cleese to inside jokes. =)  At my house we do a similar thing, except my siblings say polar bear instead, which is just plain random.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version