Author Topic: Towel Day plans 2015  (Read 37700 times)

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Towel Day plans 2015
« on: April 14, 2015, 02:29:13 AM »
42 days until Towel Day!

Anyone have any interesting plans for this year?

Towel Day coincides with Memorial Day this year, so I may just end up with a backyard BBQ.  The local market probably won't have any Ameglian Major Cow, so we might have to make due with a non-consenting cow for our burgers.
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Grate Oracle Lewot

• Global Moderator
  • Hooloovoo
    • The 19 & 1/42 Deaths of the Grate Oracle Lewot
Re: Towel Day plans 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 09:40:36 PM »
Despite the double holiday, I'll almost certainly have to work. So not really any plans other than that, but I'll have the towel along.
". . . We realised we had been myopically shortsighted to think this thing was just an adding machine. . . . So we began to develop it as a super typewriter. With a long and increasingly incomprehensible feature list. Users of Microsoft Word will know what I'm talking about."

--Douglas Adams

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Re: Towel Day plans 2015
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 11:17:12 PM »
Are you still working for the parks department (or something like that)?

No change in plans here, probably just a backyard BBQ.  My brother opened a micro-brewery/tap room about six months ago and I would probably have no trouble convincing him to have a Towel Day themed event except that he is closed on Mondays (his only day off).  I think I know what I am doing for Towel Day next year...

Oh, and I should note that today is May 11th, Douglas Adams died 14 years ago today.
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox