Author Topic: Towel Day 2015  (Read 98035 times)

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Towel Day 2015
« on: May 24, 2015, 03:47:17 PM »
Happy Towel Day!

Towel Day has already arrived in several time zones.  Although it is still over 14 hours away for me, Towel Day is five hours old in some parts of the Pacific and has overtaken most of Australia.

What you can do:
-Carry a Towel with you at all times today (May 25th)
-Register at towelday.net and say hello
-Share your Towel Day pictures with us
-Throw yourself at the ground and try to miss (beginners should only try this from a low elevation, like maybe a few inches, until they get the hang of it)
-Above all, celebrate & enjoy
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
Re: Towel Day 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 01:23:22 PM »
Happy Towel Day from Colorado (We are also celebrating Memorial Day in the USA)

I ended up falling asleep before midnight, so festivities are well under way all around the world.  I also realized this morning that the camera we usually use for our Towel Day pics is somewhere in Italy right now with my daughter (presumably sporting a towel in some touristy location).  Never fear, I do have my towel, which should impress some strag who will willingly loan me a camera.  Expect pictures sometime today.

Lots going on around the globe, contests, celebrations, etc... I hope everyone is having fun.
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:13:39 PM »
Ok, I finally have some pictures.  It turns out one of my kids had a camera (and no, I don't have a cell phone, why would I want to make it easy for other people to interrupt whatever I am doing?)

You might recognize the location from some previous years.  Nothing special this year, just home for BBQ, and for me a bit of writing (actually not a bad thing to be doing on Towel Day).  Unusually cold spring this year, so the robe was kind of nice to keep off the chill.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:02:10 AM by Kilman »

Grate Oracle Lewot

• Global Moderator
  • Hooloovoo
    • The 19 & 1/42 Deaths of the Grate Oracle Lewot
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 06:27:25 AM »
I think my mom has my camera-to-computer cable, so I should have pictures up tomorrow. Nothing too thrilling here either, though. And it looks like we might not even get anyone else posting this year. But we'll see.
". . . We realised we had been myopically shortsighted to think this thing was just an adding machine. . . . So we began to develop it as a super typewriter. With a long and increasingly incomprehensible feature list. Users of Microsoft Word will know what I'm talking about."

--Douglas Adams

Grate Oracle Lewot

• Global Moderator
  • Hooloovoo
    • The 19 & 1/42 Deaths of the Grate Oracle Lewot
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 09:31:00 PM »
Okay! Found the cable.

Here's me...

Here's what my dad does when he's "not" working...

He won't be happy until he's essentially rebuilt the entire house. Another use for a towel: as a cushion when kneeling on hard floors.

Here's Yammy, my Yanma...

And here's my work truck, with my towel over the seat.

Yep, Towel Day and Memorial Day, and I still worked. People tend to use parks the most on holidays, so somebody has to be working.

Happy Towel Day everybody!
". . . We realised we had been myopically shortsighted to think this thing was just an adding machine. . . . So we began to develop it as a super typewriter. With a long and increasingly incomprehensible feature list. Users of Microsoft Word will know what I'm talking about."

--Douglas Adams

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 05:15:09 PM »
Yanma?  I don't even know what that is but it looks cute, in an insectoid sort of way.