Author Topic: Towel Day 2016  (Read 8981 times)

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Towel Day 2016
« on: May 24, 2016, 05:09:01 PM »
Happy Towel Day!

Yes, it is already Towel Day in the Far East.  Don't forget your towel today (or tomorrow, depending on where you are right now).  Feel free to post your Towel Day pictures or say hello.  There are many Towel Day events and contests going on all around the world, so take a look around and enjoy.
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
Re: Towel Day 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 03:59:50 PM »
I am starting to see a connection between Towel Day and water heaters.  Three years ago, my water heater broke right before Towel Day as I was trying to meet a deadline for an Amazing Stories article (read that story here: http://amazingstoriesmag.com/2013/05/the-ghost-of-towel-day-yet-to-come-a-true-story-sort-of/).  Then last night, as I was trying to finish a review of The Salmon of Doubt for my blog at Amazing Stories (to be posted on Towel Day - http://amazingstoriesmag.com/2016/05/scide-splitters-salmon-doubt-douglas-adams/), the pilot light went out on the water heater and I spent five hours trying to get it back on (hence my sleeping in this morning and having no pictures yet - not to worry, they will come, after I get a nice hot shower).  What is the connection between Towel Day & my water heater problems?  Sounds like a case for Dirk Gently.
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

VogonGirl

Re: Towel Day 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 08:08:44 PM »
This time I did not have to wake you up, and surprisingly I did not wake up from the loud bangings and clangings next to my room.

Back from my first year of college, everything around the house seems to have turned upside down and nothing is the same; except the one thing I could come home to and recognize: the usual Towel Day picture spot where the sacred Towel Day Tree used to be.  We had to cut it down or risk being sued for letting plant life grow wild and fall over some day on somebody.

Me showing my college pride, dad with the same towel that he's had every year, Marie (who is about to get married next summer!), and Colleen with Artemis.  The numbers are depleting every year...
"In order to do something that you couldn't do before, you have to do something that you can't do." -Dr. Michael Bolin