Author Topic: Towel Day Picture FAQs  (Read 4323 times)

Kilman

• Global Moderator
  • Vastly Hyperintelligent Pandimensional Being
    • davidakilman.com
Towel Day Picture FAQs
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:29:29 PM »
Greetings Hoopy Froods,

This board is intended for display and discussion of your Towel Day pictures.

If you are having any problems or have any questions on how the forums work, DON'T PANIC - consult your Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.  Or, if you don't happen to have one handy at the moment, feel free to post questions or concerns here and someone will be along to help.
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
Re: Towel Day Picture FAQs
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »
Question - how to I get my pictures to appear in my message?

Answer - On the New Topic or Post Reply screen, you will see two rows of buttons above the main message area (just above the smileys).  The second button from the left on the bottom row is the "Insert Image" button.  Place the text cursor in the location where you wish your picture to appear in the message, and then click the Insert Image button.  The code
Code: [Select]
[img][/img] will appear in your message.  Simply type or paste the URL (internet location) of your picture between the code brackets like so:

Code: [Select]
[img]www.wheremypictureis.com/mytowelpic.jpg[/img]
Note that your picture will not show up during a preview of your post.  If you post a message and something was not right, you can always modify (edit) your message afterwards.
"That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Kilman

• Global Moderator
    • davidakilman.com
Re: Towel Day Picture FAQs
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 06:04:57 PM »
Question - Is there some place on the internet where I can post my pictures for free?

Answer - There are many places where pictures can be posted for free.  www.flickr.com is a popular choice for Towel Day pictures.  If you do choose to post them at flickr, tag your photos with "towelday" so they will turn up in Towel Day searches there.  You can then use the flickr URL associated with your photo to display it here on the Forum.